Saturday, April 22, 2023, 8:45 am - 11:45 am
3 Clinical Hours
Course Fee: D- $60 Other- $23
AGD Codes: 780, 781
Speaker: Dr. Marc Geissberger
Course Title: Making Sense of the Whitening Craze – Materials and Methods A to Z
Course Description: The Whitening Craze continues. What materials will you advocate for your patients? Should practitioners offer a variety of options to their patients? This program will attempt to make sense of all of the products and techniques available in today’s marketplace. The lecture will focus on materials and their applications as well as cost analysis of various systems. Laser bleaching, light assisted bleaching, power bleaching, over the counter bleaching, take-home bleaching and other systems will be discussed at length. Strategies on how to increase the whitening component of private practice will be discussed.
- Understand the differences between over-the-counter bleaching products and dentist dispensed products.
- Be able to weigh the pros and cons of in office whitening vs. home whitening.
- Garner a better understanding of the effectiveness of all whitening techniques.
- Learn how to control post operative sensitivity for their whitening patients.
- Develop enhance this component of their practices.
Speaker Bio: Dr. Geissberger graduated from University of the Pacific in 1991 obtaining his dental degree and was elected to Omicron Kappa Upsilon as a student. He immediately returned to the school and has taught for 27 years, obtaining rake of Full Professor. Dr Geissberger has numerous publications including a textbook entitled Esthetic Dentistry in Clinical Practice for Wiley-Blackwell. He has presented nationally and internationally giving over 500 continuing education programs. Additionally, he is a Certified Personal Trainer. He maintains a private practice focusing on reconstructive and esthetic dentistry in Greenbrae, Ca.