Friday, April 21, 2023, 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm
3 Clinical Hours
Course Fee: Dentists: $73, Other: $32
AGD Codes: 750
Speaker:Dr. Harvey Levy
Course Title: Successful Treatment of All Patients with Anxiety or Special-needs
Course Description: This course is supplemental and independent of the morning basics course, teaching additional tools for treating difficult or unmanageable patients. This will include imaging, lighting, drugs, nitrous oxide, and offsite dental care such as operating rooms and nursing homes. This motivating and informative course will teach techniques for successful patient management in many health settings. It will describe dental care at alternate facilities, including private homes, nursing homes, hospice, institutions, surgical centers, hospital operating rooms, and out in the field. The course will include a live demo of some of the tools, equipment and supplies discussed in the presentation.
- Appreciate how personally gratifying and professionally rewarding it can be to treat anxious, medically compromised and special-needs patients.
- Learn clinical techniques for performing standard procedures on difficult, compromised, or otherwise unmanageable patients, more advanced than todayâ€™s separate morning course
- Examine helpful clinical tools to treat difficult patients using oral conscious sedation, snugly wraps, safe oral props, hovercraft airglide operatory chairs, intraoral lighting, portable x-ray units, and more.
- Understand how treating this patient population will greatly expand your practice for all patients with zero costly advertising.
- Be able to implement protocols and checklists for treating patients with anxiety or special-needs in the office, hospital, operating room, etc.
Speaker Bio: Dr. Harvey Levy practices general and hospital dentistry in Maryland, emphasizing comprehensive dental care for individuals with anxiety or special needs. He graduated from Tufts Dental in 1974, GPR at Eastman Dental, Rochester in 1976, taught at U Penn GPR, and is on Dean’s faculty at U MD Dental School plus four hospitals. Dr. Levy has earned Mastership and multiple Lifelong Learning Service Recognitions by the Academy of General Dentistry, multiple fellowships and Diplomate certificates. He is the recipient of the ADA Access to Care Award, the AGD Humanitarian Award, MD Governor's Doctor of the Year Award, Special Care Dentistry’s Saul Kamen and Harold Berk Awards, Tufts University Distinguished Alumni Award, Maryland State Dental Association Humanitarian Award, and ran the 2002 Olympic Torch in honor of Maryland patients with special-needs. He is also a martial arts master and a three-time inductee into the US Martial Arts Hall of Fame.