Thursday, April 20, 2023, 8:15 am – 11:15 am
3 Clinical Hours
Course Fee: Dentists: $68, Other: $28
Speaker:Dr. Michelle Lee
Course Title: Splint Therapy in Everyday Dentistry
Utilizing bite splint therapy and understanding various appliance designs can be an invaluable advantage in a more comprehensive approach to treatment planning. A step-by-step overview of the different appliances will be discussed and simplified for applications in everyday dentistry. Learn the indications, contraindications, and benefits to the different appliances with applications in dental cases and applied to predictable dental outcomes.
1. Review of TMJ and muscle examination and anatomy
2. Review of Occlusal Muscle Disharmony
3. Discussion of various appliances designs and advantages/ disadvantages to appliance selection
4. Focus on Principles and Design of Bite Splint therapy
5. Discussion of all various appliance designs and advantages and disadvantages to appliance selection
6. How to communicate and collaborate with your team and patients with Appliance Therapy
Dr. Michelle Lee is a graduate of University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine and lives in Malvern, Pennsylvania with her husband, MinSuk and two children, Victoria and Nathan. She owns a patient-centered comprehensive restorative private practice in Fleetwood, Pennsylvania treating from the TMJ to final smile. Dr. Lee started her Pankey journey in 2008 and serves on the Pankey Board of Directors, Advisory Board, Pankey Faculty, and also holds a Pankey Scholar distinction. She also teaches restorative microscope dentistry at the University of Pennsylvania Dental School and integrates microscope dentistry in her own private practice. She is passionate about teaching, mentoring, giving back to dentistry, and has been invited to speak in various national and local education venues. Dr. Lee is grounded through her love for hiking, traveling, and practicing mindfulness with her family and values creating fulfillment in having a work life balance.