Comprehensive Course in Laser Dentistry
AN AMERICAN BOARD OF LASER DENTISTRY CERTIFICATION COURSE- This course will be presented in 4 separate sessions (see dates and times below). You must participate in all 4 sessions to earn your Laser Dentistry Certification. Courses & Hands-on limited to 30 people.
Thursday, April 7 8:30 - 11:30 AM (Part 1)
Thursday, April 7 1:30 - 4:30 PM (Part 2)
Friday, April 8 8:30 - 11:30 AM (Part 3)
Friday, April 8 1:30 - 4:30 PM (Part 4 - Hands-on)
Candidates who successfully complete this course will receive a Certificate in Laser Dentistry recognized by the American Board of Laser Surgery, the only Medical Certifying Board in the world dedicated to Lasers and Light Energy in Medicine and Dentistry.
The second day workshop will give each participant hands-on experience with the various wavelengths, performing surgical procedures on in-vitro models (animal mandibles). Real time videos of routine laser procedures will be part of the in-depth discussion of specific instrument settings and techniques for laser surgical procedures.
Attendees are expected to perform the following procedures on the models: Gingivectomy, Biopsy, Frenectomy, Crown Lengthening, Initial Periodontal Pocket therapy, Aphthous Ulcer Treatment, Flap Procedure, Deepithelialization, And more…..
- Will be familiar with the various wavelengths used in dentistry today.
- Will understand their effects on oral tissues.
- Will understand their uses for specific oral diseases and pathologies found in everyday practice.
- Will be able to incorporate this knowledge into a basis for determining which laser wavelength is most appropriate for their practice
- Be able to incorporate hard and soft tissue laser dentistry into their practices first thing tomorrow morning.
Date: Friday, April 8
Time: 1:30 - 4:30pm
Cost: All Attendees $275
Most Appropriate for: Dentists, Hygienists
Credit Hours: 3 Clinical Hours
Academy of General Dentistry Code: 490, 310, 430, 610