Dental Sleep Medicine - What Every General Dentist Should Know (Part 2)
Friday, April 8 1:30 - 4:30 PM
Course Description: Join Dr. Santucci and take a “deep dive” into the numerous interrelated concepts that are involved in dental sleep medicine. This course format will take away the anxiety of including sleep evaluation, referral and possibly treatment for disrupted sleep in your general dental practice. As in all we do for our dental patients, we can educate the population at large concerning these total health issues. This presentation is appropriate for the entire dental staff and will bring the office up to date regarding the ADA’s 2017 policy statement.
- Understand the Public Health concerns of disturbed sleep’s medical consequences.
- Review the anatomy of the Gnathostomatic System, in health and disease.
- Be aware of sleep surveys for children and adults.
- Understand why ADHD may be a sleep problem.
- Become aware of the various forces involved in acid tooth wear.
- Review the use of fluorides, dental restorations and products related to disturbed sleep.
Date: Friday, April 8
Cost: Dentists $73 All Others $32
Most Appropriate for: ALL Attendees
Credit Hours: 3 Clinical Hours
Academy of General Dentistry Code: 160