Pediatric Potpourri: The Tried and True and The Relatively New (Part 1)
Thursday, April 7 8:00 - 11:00 AM
Course Description: The “tried and true” portion of this two-part course will focus on basic behavior management fundamentals, knee to knee/lap to lap examination techniques, and a refresher on restorative techniques for stainless steel crowns.
- Know and utilize basic behavior techniques to assist in the management of the child patient.
- Perform a knee to knee examination.
- Be re-acquainted with the operative skills to provide patients with stainless steel crowns when indicated.
- Understand the concept of the dental home and age 1 dental visit.
- Be familiar with updated dental trauma guidelines for the pediatric patient.
- Be comfortable with the indications for use, treatment considerations, and application techniques of silver diamine fluoride (SDF).
Date: Thursday, April 7
Cost: Dentists $68 All Others $28
Most Appropriate for: ALL Attendees
Credit Hours: 3 Clinical Hours
Academy of General Dentistry Code: 432, 433, 434, 449