Contemporary Oral Surgery for the G.P. - Why, oh why, can't I remove that tooth?
Friday, May 7
Quick Summary: Whether you are seasoned at oral surgery or less experienced, this course will serve as either an excellent refresher or a solid introduction into modern surgical techniques.
Fee: Doctors $68 All Others $27
Course Description: The course will focus primarily on the principles of oral surgery and on the most up-to-date techniques of exodontia to improve clinical success. This course is designed for the clinician who would like to broaden his/her knowledge and scope of practice and improve surgical skill. The purpose of this lecture is twofold. First, for the seasoned practitioner, it should provide a few pearls or, if nothing else, confirm that current methods and principles being used are in keeping with existing standards of care. Second, for less experienced dentists, it should assist with case selection, expand clinical vision, and provide many options for dealing with troublesome situations.
- Know the minimally invasive tooth removal techniques and instrumentation.
- Remove broken and difficult teeth with minimal flap.
- Perform pre-operative patient evaluation and assess difficult extractions.
- Prescribe medications most commonly used for oral surgery.
- Apply effective local anesthesia techniques.
- Better manage medically compromised patients.