The Future is Now: Cone Beam Computed Tomography
Thursday, May 6
Quick Summary: Because of its diagnostic value, irrespective of whether you have a CBCT unit in your office, you will need to understand how to interpret the images it provides, as well as its fundamental processes.
Fee: Doctors $63 All Others $22
Course Description: Cone Beam CT (CBCT) is an indispensable tool in all aspects of dentistry. For the general dentist, the CBCT may not be appreciated. As dentistry moves into the future, general dentists will perform more complicated procedures and need the imaging technology that these procedures require. CBCT is that technology.
- Understand the basic physics of cone-beam CT.
- Understand the usefulness and functions of CBCT software.
- Understand basic normal anatomy as seen on CBCT.
- Understand common pathological findings on CBCT.
- Understand the responsibilities of CBCT interpretation and the written CBCT report.
Course most appropriate for: Dentists, Hygienists, and Clinical Assistants
C.E. Hours: 3 clinical hours
Academy of General Dentistry Code: 165