Diagnosis and Management of TMD
Dr. Auvenshine is sponsored by the Rossner Lecture Series through Touro Foundation
Thursday, May 6
Quick Summary: The patient that presents with acute or chronic orofacial pain can vex even the most seasoned clinician. Rather than refer, learn how to effectively and sensibly manage these patients in your own office. Learn the management of TMD from one of the premier speakers on the subject.
Fee: Doctors $63 All Others $22
Course Description: It is important for today’s dentist to be knowledgeable in making the correct diagnosis regarding the patient who presents with the chief complaint of pain in the jaws and head. There are many things to consider before treatment is initiated. Making the correct diagnosis leads to formulating the correct treatment plan and prescribing the appropriate treatment. The practitioner may choose a completely different method of therapy based on whether the pain complaint is acute or chronic or is primarily muscle or joint related or is of non-odontogenic origin. This lecture will cover topics which will aid the dentist and dental team in making the correct diagnosis and developing the proper treatment plan.
- To understand the various components of TMD.
- To be able to differentiate the etiologies of TMD an dhow this impacts making a diagnosis.
- To be able to differentiate acute pain and chronic pain.
- To understand the role of psychosocial factors in the etiology of TMD and orofacial pain.
- What tests are necessary and establishing a complete exam to make the correct diagnosis.
- What are treatment choices for various forms of TMD.
Course most appropriate for: Dentists
C.E. Hours: 3 clinical hours
Academy of General Dentistry Code: 181, 182, 202, 204