Update on Oral Conscious Sedation with Safety in the Driver's Seat
Thursday, May 7
Time: 1:00 - 4:00 pm
Course Code: T 210
Quick Summary: Oral sedation can make the difference between whether a patient pursues treatment or not. Learn how to manage it effectively and safely.
Fee: Doctors $63 All Others $22
Course Description: Oral sedation of adult patients in the dental office must be done safely while setting and meeting the patients’ expectations. The course will cover the history and principles of pain and pain control, sedation drugs, sedation emergency management and the rules and regulations with regard to deeper sedation.
- Understand the history of pain and pain control and learn the principles about pain and fear.
- Get updates on oral sedative drugs.
- Understand how to use the drugs in a culture of safety.
- Appreciate what is necessary to provide deeper sedation.
- Recognize sedation emergencies, including airway management and know how to manage them.
Course most appropriate for: Dentists, Hygienists, and Clinical Assistants
C.E. Hours: 3 clinical hours
Academy of General Dentistry Code: 341, 342, 343, 344