(1) The opportunity to place our entire convention under one roof: hotel rooms, meeting rooms, exhibit hall, restaurants, reception areas, and comfort areas for gathering are all supported within the beautiful and comfortable Hyatt Regency hotel.
(2) As April dates have gotten more competitive for conventions, hotel room rates have risen. Our new date in May allows us to secure an excellent room rate for those who travel to the convention.
(3) The opportunity to have two full days off after the convention since it is a holiday weekend.
(4) Great family vacation destination with the Audubon Nature Institute's Cool Zoo (the wild and wet splash park), Aquarium of the Americas, Butterfly Garden & Insectarium, and Audubon Zoo, swamp tours, Carousel Gardens Amusement Park, Children's Museum, Preservation Hall (dedicated to the preservation of New Orleans jazz music), the National World War II Museum, Blaine Kern's Mardi Gras World, riverboat cruises, streetcar rides through downtown and the Garden District, Clue Carré (live escape games), and much more.
(5) Coincides with the New Orleans Greek Festival at the Hellenic Cultural Center and the New Orleans Wine & Food Experience downtown. The annual Greek festival is filled with Greek food, music, culture, and fun for kids and adults alike. Kids will love the Athenian playground. Families can rent a canoe and tour Bayou St. John or climb Mount Olympus. The Wine & Food Experience includes seminars, wine dinners, parties, the Royal Street Stroll, and grand tastings.
When visiting New Orleans, your trip is not complete without a visit to at least one of our fine dining establishments.
Meeting all budgets and culinary goals, there's a dining establishment in every crease of the Big Easy to satisfy all visitors.
You might just want to place the diet on hold.
Click here for the New Orleans Restaurant Guide