Differential Diagnosis of Oral Ulcerative Conditions
Thursday, May 7
Time: 8:30 - 11:30 am
Course Code: T 140
Quick Summary: It's advisable to always be on top of your oral diagnostic skills and knowledge base. This is a great refresher course from a board-certified oral and maxillofacial pathologist.
Fee: Doctors $63 All Others $22
Course Description: Although many different oral ulcerative conditions have similar clinical appearances, etiologies may be traumatic, reactive, infectious, immunologic, or neoplastic. Some ulcerative conditions are always preceded by a blister, while others are never associated with blisters. Location, relationship to systemic disease, and the presence of an associated fever are all important in narrowing a differential diagnosis.
- Become more adept at recognizing oral ulcerative conditions.
- Become more adept at developing a differential diagnosis based on clinical findings.
- Become more adept at honing a differential diagnosis based on systemic correlations, medical/medication history, and other demographics.
- Become more adept at recognizing oral vesiculo-bullous diseases.
- Understand appropriate treatments of common oral ulcerative conditions.
Course most appropriate for: Dentists, Hygienists, and Clinical Assistants
C.E. Hours: 3 clinical hours
Academy of General Dentistry Code: 734, 737 - 742