Simple Steps to Dental Sleep Medicine Implementation
Thursday, May 7
Time: 1:30 - 4:30 pm
Quick Summary: Screening your dental patients for signs and symptoms of breathing disorders is the first step of several that could possibly dramatically improve someone's quality of life and, in the severest of cases, save a life. The entire dental team should understand their role in this process.
Fee: Doctors $63 All Others $22
Course Description: It's one thing to identify a patient who demonstrates signs of sleep disordered breathing, but a whole other matter to guide them from diagnosis through possible treatment and follow-up. Develop a sensible protocol for managing these patients.
- Learn a complete system of protocols for how to manage patients with sleep disordered breathing from start to finish.
- Understand the 3 items needed to be adequately prepared for dental sleep consultations.
- Learn how to read a sleep study and pick out the important information.
- Understand the dental sleep exam.
- Gain knowledge of various dental device designs and taking the protrusive bite.
- Understand the potential side effects of dental device therapy.
- Learn how to communicate with other medical professionals on this subject.
Course most appropriate for: Dentists, Hygienists, and Assistants
C.E. Hours: 3 clinical hours
Academy of General Dentistry Code: 160