Simple Steps to Dental Sleep Medicine Implementation
Thursday, May 7
Time: 1:30 - 4:30 pm
Course Code: T 260
Quick Summary: Recognizing that your patient has a breathing disorder is the first step. But what comes next? What role does each member of the dental team have?
Fee: Doctors $63 All Others $22
Course Description: It's one thing to identify a patient who demonstrates signs of sleep disordered breathing, but a whole other matter to guide them from diagnosis through possible treatment and follow-up. Develop a sensible protocol for managing these patients.
- Learn a complete system of protocols for how to manage patients with sleep disordered breathing from start to finish.
- Understand the 3 items needed to be adequately prepared for dental sleep consultations.
- Learn how to read a sleep study and pick out the important information.
- Understand the dental sleep exam.
- Gain knowledge of various dental device designs and taking the protrusive bite.
- Understand the potential side effects of dental device therapy.
- Learn how to communicate with other medical professionals on this subject.
Course most appropriate for: Dentists, Hygienists, and Assistants
C.E. Hours: 3 clinical hours
Academy of General Dentistry Code: 160