Socket Grafting Simplified - A Recipe for Predictable Success
Saturday, May 11
Time: 8:00 - 10:00 am
Course Code: S 500
Quick Summary: Alveolar ridge collapse following extraction is undesirable. Learn a predictable method to prevent it from occurring.
Fee: Dentists $50 All Others $10
Course Description: This presentation will review proven methods to minimize alveolar ridge collapse after tooth extraction to maximize available bone for dental implant placement. The lecture includes extraction protocols, socket management, socket bone grafting, as well as barrier membrane choices and suture choices and protocols.
- Protocols for atraumatic tooth extraction.
- Protocols for socket preparation for bone grafting.
- Different choices for bone graft materials and properties of each.
- Barrier membrane choices and goals (GBR).
- Sutures and techniques for wound management.
- Pharmacology for socket grafting.
Course most appropriate for: Dentists and Clinical Assistants
C.E. Hours: 2.0 clinical hours
Academy of General Dentistry Code: 317, 318