AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
Saturday, May 11
Time: 8:30 - 11:30 am
Course Code: S 520
Quick Summary: This course fulfills requirements for all dental healthcare providers to be up-to-date on basic life support.
Fee: Dentists $90 All Others $90
NOTE: Course limited to 35 participants
Course Description: This AHA BLS Provider Course teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in dental practice environments, with a focus on high-quality CPR and team dynamics. Students work with an AHA BLS Instructor to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing. (2-Year Certification)
- Recognize signs and symptoms of cardiac arrest for victims of all ages.
- Understand & perform high-quality BLS regardless of conditions and circumstances.
- Effectively manage cardiac arrest as an individual or as a team.
- Use of additional equipment, including AEDs and bag-masks.
- Manage choking, respiratory arrest and suspected opioid overdose.
Course most appropriate for: All Attendees
C.E. Hours: 3 clinical hours
Academy of General Dentistry Code: 142