Instrument Sharpening & Ergonomics Workshop - Never a Dull or Sore Moment !!
Friday, May 10
Time: 1:15 - 4:15 pm
Course Code: F 420
Quick Summary: Providing excellent dental care requires having functional instruments and a healthy provider. Learn how to prolong your instruments and your career.
Fee: Dentists $40 All Others $40
NOTE: Course limited to 40 participants
Course Description: Learn how to preserve original instrument shape while sharpening. Practice hand sharpening techniques and use mechanical instrument sharpeners with magnification. Common work injuries are discussed, including upper extremity, spinal and joint pathologies. Preventive strategies are evaluated. Attendees practice stretching and strengthening exercises. One lucky attendee wins a saddle chair!
- Learn to preserve optimal periodontal instrument design while sharpening.
- Practice with and compare various hand and mechanical sharpening techniques.
- Evaluate various physical signs and symptoms of cumulative trauma disorders commonly found in dental workers.
- Practice and evaluate stretching and strengthening exercises and strategies intended to reduce risk of work-related injuries.
- Compare ergonomic features of dental equipment and technology.
Course most appropriate for: Dentists, Hygienists, and Clinical Assistants
C.E. Hours: 3 clinical hours
Academy of General Dentistry Code: 149