Advances in Composite Dentistry: Simplifying Placement & Improving Results
Saturday, May 11
Dr. Lowe will discuss how the use of different aesthetic materials in combination with finishing techniques will enable simple, yet “world class” placement of state of the art restorations for your patients tomorrow! Some of the topics that will be covered include:
- Advances in Direct Composites: (a) bulk fill technologies are changing the way we clinically fabricate direct composite restorations; (b) simplifying layering for aesthetic anterior composites; (c) how bioactive dental materials are impacting restorative dentistry; (d) creative matrix systems for anterior direct composite restorations; (e) discuss some of the new innovations in adhesive dentistry that are advancing the technology of composite resins; (f) the direct composite fiber reinforced bridge: when may this be the "bridge of choice?" Anterior and posterior options are discussed.
- To teach a simple, reproducible technique to create accurate and aesthetic tooth morphology in composite resin for anterior and posterior teeth.
- To discuss how sectional matrix can accurately reproduce contact and contour for posterior proximal surfaces.
- To learn how to manage soft tissue issues when placing Class II composite resins.
- Finishing and polishing techniques that create natural surface texture and reflection.