The Art & Science of Fixed Prosthetics - From Basic to Complex
Saturday, May 11
In this technique filled seminar, Dr. Lowe will teach you the techniques you need to refine your clinical skills to a level that will help you create “world class” quality. Some of the topics that will be covered include:
- "World Class" Crown and Bridge: (a) morphology and occlusion based on the teaching and philosophy of Dr. Harold M. Shovel - A Basis for All Dentistry; (b) a review of preparation design and tissue management for perfect master impressions; (c) biologic provisionalization for full coverage restorations; (d) cementation protocols for total etch and conventional cements.
- The Perio-Aesthetic Connection to Prosthetic Dentistry: (a) soft tissue recontouring using diode lasers; (b) biologic width, a discussion of the position of the alveolar crest relative to the restorative margin; (c) biologic width correction using all tissue lasers; (d) spatial repositioning in the aesthetic zone.
- Creative Treatment Planning: When It Doesn't Go By The Book: (a) creative solutions for complex aesthetic and functional problems; (b) prosthetic tooth repositioning and "orthodontic" tooth preparation; (c) open bite restoration without surgical intervention?
- To discuss and differentiate all ceramic restorative options for different clinical situations.
- To review preparation requirements for all ceramic systems.
- To learn the importance of biologic provisionalization in overall case management.
- To learn a proven reliable technique for "flawless" master impression making.
- To learn a cementation protocol for reliable placement and occlusal adjustment during delivery of definitive restorations.
- To learn some "creative" ways to plan and treat complex aesthetic and functional problems.