Clues to Your Patients' Health: What's In Their Bag of Pills?
Dr. Crossley is sponsored by the Rossner Lecture Series through Touro Foundation
Thursday, May 9
Time: 8:30 - 11:30 am
Course Code: T 130
Quick Summary: An immense risk of caring for patients today arises from the medications they are taking. Complications and/or poor treatment outcomes can be attributed to these medications. You need to know what your patients are taking and how it affects your care.
Fee: Dentists $70 All Others $30
Course Description: Many of the physician-prescribed medications used by your patients have dental implications affecting your treatment plan. How can I minimize prescribing opioid medications for post-operative pain? What is the new FDA warning about codeine and tramadol in children? This presentation includes the indications for the most common physician-prescribed medications.
- Prescribed medications that could adversely interact with dental drugs.
- Why your patient is taking their medications.
- Dental implications of common physician-prescribed medications.
- How to combine analgesics to maximize their effects.
- Current recommendations for SBE and orthopedic prosthesis prophylaxis.
Course most appropriate for: Dentists, Hygienists, and Clinical & Business Assistants
C.E. Hours: 3 clinical hours
Academy of General Dentistry Code: 134