That's Not What I Learned in School
Saturday, May 11
Time: 1:00 - 4:00 pm
Course Code: S 620
Quick Summary: Let's face it. Things change. Learn what has changed since you graduated in regards to what you do and how you do it for your patients.
Fee: Dentists $40 All Others $10
Course Description: Did you learn that floss is the magic elixir, preventing everything from caries to bone loss? Or perhaps you are still providing "routine care" -- such as prophys, fluoride treatments, and radiographs. While education provides the foundation, it depreciates over time as new research, therapies, and treatments emerge. This course will empower you to move out of your comfort zone and feel confident adopting new evidence-based strategies for everyday patient care.
- Discover how putting employees first leads to enhanced patient care.
- Discuss the difference between patient awareness and patient education.
- Explain risk-based recommended intervals prophys, x-rays, and fluoride treatments.
- Recognize the limitations of dental floss.
- Identify the best strategies for caries management.
- Examine the benefits of sealing over incipient decay.
- Analyze the body of evidence on the water flosser and recommend it to appropriate patients.
- Develop the confidence needed to implement these changes.
Course most appropriate for: Dentists, Hygienists, and Clinical Assistants
C.E. Hours: 3 clinical hours
Academy of General Dentistry Code: 557